FAQs

FAQs

Over 2,000 nuclear tests were conducted between 1945 and 1996. What percentage were underground compared to atmospheric?

About 75% of these tests were conducted underground and the remaining 25% in the atmosphere, sometimes near inhabited areas.

View all FAQs