CTBTO launches revamped website
Vienna, 24 May 2012
The CTBTO is pleased to announce the launch of its revamped website. The design, structure and functionality have been optimized for enhanced user-friendliness. Video-audio content and multiple social media platforms have been integrated. The CTBTO website thus becomes a ‘one stop shop‘ for all information on ending nuclear testing.
Its main new features include:
- Video player embedded & video feed on the website in 16x9 format
- Full integration of Facebook and Twitter
- Integration of CTBTO’s FlickR image archive with over 900 images
- Mobile devices: website structure auto-adapts for easy viewing on mobile devices
- CTBTO Member States – Country Profiles enhanced to highlight special activities / contributions in support of the organization’s activities
The recently launched CTBTO iTunes U page complements the website as an educational resource covering briefings, lectures and presentations by CTBTO staff and leading experts on the policy, legal, technical and scientific aspects of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and its verification technologies.
Coming soon: iPad app for the CTBTO’s biannual publication SPECTRUM
The CTBT bans all nuclear explosions by everyone, everywhere: on the Earth’s surface, in the atmosphere, in outer space, underwater and underground. 183 countries have signed the Treaty, of which 157 have also ratified it. An unprecedented global verification regime with over 300 sensors monitors the globe around the clock for nuclear explosions to detect any violations of the Treaty.
For further information on the CTBT, please see www.ctbto.org – your resource on ending nuclear testing,
Spokesperson and Chief, Public Information