To further build and strengthen its relationship with the broader scientific community, the CTBTO invites you to the SnT2013 Conference: Scientists and technologists, science administrators, academics, scientific representatives to the CTBTO's policy-making organs, and representatives of agencies involved in research and development in areas potentially relevant to the Treaty’s verification regime. Members of the diplomatic community, the media and civil society are also welcome.
This conference is made possible by the generous contribution of the Austrian Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs.
The opening and closing ceremonies of the Science and Technology 2013 Conference (SnT2013) will feature the following speakers:
- Hans Blix, Former (FMR) Director General, IAEA
- Siegfried S. Hecker, FMR Director, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Patricia Lewis, Research Director, Chatham House
- Michel Miraillet, Director, French Ministry of Defense
- Roald Sagdeev, FMR science advisor to Gorbachev
- Ellen Tauscher, FMR U.S. Under Secretary of State
EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS
A limited number of spaces for exhibitors are available at the SnT2013 Conference at no charge. In addition, there are opportunities to sponsor coffee/tea breaks, lunch breaks and poster receptions.
- Capitalize on scientific and technological innovations for verifying CTBT compliance
- Promote the wider scientific application of data that are used for test-ban verification
- Enhance the exchange of knowledge and ideas between the CTBTO and the broader scientific community
- Enlarge the scientific community engaged in test-ban monitoring