Advanced Training Course for National Data Centre Technical Staff
24 November - 5 December 2008
Training in processing International Monitoring System (IMS) data and analysing International Data Centre (IDC) products.
The working language of the workshop will be English.
Point of Contact:
Mr Belkacem DJERMOUNI
Head, Services and Training Unit
Services, Quality Control and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Technical staff at an existing or planned National Data Centre (NDC) in all regions.
NDC technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training programme through established official channels (their Permanent Mssions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) .
Deadline for Application:
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS not later than 15 September 2008.
Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA): at the expense of the PTS
Travel: at the expence of the PTS
(1) Introduction and overview;
(2) Methods to access IMS data and IDC products;
(3) NDC support/performance reports;
(4) IMS data, acquisition, processing and storage: standard software packages;
(5) Necessary NDC's resources to process IMS data and analyse IDC products;
(6) Practical sessions on data and products access, use of standards software packages, etc.
Other pertinent information:
(1) Open only to States Signatories.
(2) Vienna Information