NDC Development Workshop
3-5 December 2008
(1) To promote understanding of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
(2) To enhance national capabilities of African States Signatories in the implementation of the Treaty;
(3) To promote the exchange of experience and expertise among African States Signatories in the establishment, operation and management of a National Data Centre;
(4) To promote the application of verification data for civil and scientific purposes.
The working language of the workshop will be English.
Point of Contact:
Mr Belkacem DJERMOUNI
Services, Training and Quality Control Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Further details relating to the workshop will be provided at a later stage.
Invited States should nominate participant(s) who will be involved in the establishment, operation and/or management of their National Data Centre.
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the PTS (see points of contact above) no later than 10 November 2008.
Applicants are requested to complete the attached registration form. Submitted applications will be reviewed and subsequently the successful applicants will be notified.
Deadline for Application:
10 November 2008
Travel, accommodation and daily subsistence allowance (DSA) will be covered by the PTS.
(1) Establishing and Managing and NDC;
(2) PTS support to NDCs; and
(3) Civil and scientific applications of PTS data and IDC products.
Other pertinent information:
Open only to citizens of States Signatories from Africa region, in particular to those who don't have secure account.