CTBTO Workshop on Capacity Building for Latin American States
Mexico City, Mexico
12-14 August 2009
(1) To promote understanding of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
(2) To enhance national capabilities of Latin American States in the implementation of the Treaty;
(3) To promote the exchange of experience and expertise among Latin American States in the establishment, operation and management of a National Data Centre (NDC);
(4) To promote the application of verification data for civil and scientific purposes.
The working language of the workshop will be English.
Point of Contact:
Ms Victoria TURNER
Associate Training Officer
Services, Quality Control and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6180/6132
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Further details relating to the workshop will be provided at a later stage.
Invited States should nominate participant(s) who will be involved in the establishment, operation and/or management of their National Data Centre.
Applications should be submitted to the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) to arrive in Vienna no later than 3 July 2009.
Attn: IDC Training
P.O. Box 1200
1400 Vienna, Austria
Submitted applications will be reviewed, and successful candidates will be notified subsequently.
Deadline for Application:
3 July 2009
Travel, accommodation and a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) will be covered by the PTS.
1) Establishing and managing an NDC;
(2) PTS support to the NDCs;
(3) Civil and scientific applications of the PTS data and IDC products.
Other pertinent information:
Open only to citizens of States Signatories from the Latin American region, in particular to those which do not have secure account.