Vienna International Centre (VIC), room E0702
16-20 March 2009
Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) of the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO)
The workshop aims to:
(1) to perform a review of hydroacoustic data processing at the PTS (in the context of the International Scientific Studies (ISS) project);
(2) to identify achieved improvements and still existing shortfalls;
(3) to include present scientific achievements in the processing;
(4) to estimate the current capabilities of the hydroacoustic network of the International Monitoring System (IMS).
The working language of the workshop will be English.
Point of Contact:
Mr Belkacem Djermouni
Head, Services and Training Unit
Services, Quality Conrol and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 (1) 260 30 6312
Fax: +43 (1) 260 30 5973
Invited States Singatories should nominate participant(s) who will be involved in the establishment, operation and/or management of their National Data Centre.
States Signatories whishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the PTS and submit nominations together with the completed registration form to the point of contact (see the details above) through their Permanent Missions by no later than 20 February 2009.
Deadline for Application:
20 February 2009
(1) No registration fee will be charged.
(2) The PTS will bear the administrative costs of the workshop.
(3) Travel costs, daily subsistence allowance (DSA), health insurance, etc., are to be borne by the participants.
(4) INVITED PARTICIPANTS FROM DEVELOPING COUNTRIES:
Subject to the availability of funds, the PTS will support travel and DSA for a limited number of participants from developing countries. The PTS will make arrangements for issuance of flight tickets for these subsidized participants.
(1) Reviewing the recommendations made by 2003 ad-hoc experts group;
(2) Hydroacoustic data processing - coverage and detection capacities, localization capacities, event characterization capacities, civil and scientific applications.
Other pertinent information:
(1) Open only to States Signatories.
All participants, including subsidized participants, should apply for visas, if needed, as soon as possible to ensure timely processing.
No visas can be delivered upon arrival.
(3) Health and Accident Insurance
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure to Austria, all participants acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the workshop.