CTBTO Workshop on Capacity
Building for SEAPFE States
17-21 May 2010
- To promote understanding of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
- To enhance national capabilities of South-East Asia, the Pacific and the Far East (SEAPFE) States Signatories in the impementation of the Treaty;
- To promote the exchange of experience and expertise among the SEAPFE States Signatories in the establishment, operation and management of a National Data Centre (NDC);
- To promote the application of verification data for civil and scientific purposes.
The working language of the workshop will be English.
Point of Contact:
Mr Belkacem DJERMOUNI
Head, Services and Trainin Unit
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Invited States should nominate participants who will be involved in the establishment, operation and/or management of their National Data Centes.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their permanent missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO, Ministries of Foreign Affairs or other competent official authority) to the PTS focal point (please see contact details above) no later than 17 April 2010.
Deadline for Application:
17 April 2010
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a daily subsistence allowence (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the workshop.
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their tickets locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
(1) Establishment and Managing an NDC;
(2) PTS support to NDCs;
(3) Civil and scientific application of PTS data and IDC products.
Other pertinent information:
(1) Open only to citizens of States Signatories from the SEAPFE region, in particular to those who do not have a secure account.