Sub-Regional National Data Centres Development
14-15 October 2010
- To promote and understanding of the Comprehensive Nuclear - Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
- To enhance national capabilities in the implementation of the Treaty;
- To promote the exchange of experience and expertise in the establishment, operation and management of a National Data Centre;
- To promote the application of verification date for civil and scientific purposes.
- Establishing and managing an NDC;
- PTS support to NDCs;
- Civil and Scientific Applications of PTS data and IDC products.
The working language of the course will be French.
Point of Contact:
Mr Belkacem DJERMOUNI
Head, Training Unit
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
P.O. Box 1200, A- 1400 Vienna
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
- Invited States from the Republic of Congo, the Republic of Gabon, the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Central African Republic, the Republic of Benin, and the Republic of Chad, should nominate participant(s) who will be involved in the establishement, operation and/or management of their National Data Centre.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications for this training programme through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the Provisional Technical Secretariat of the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO, Attn.: IDC Training Unit, Mr. Belkacem Djermouni.
Deadline for Application:
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later than 13 September 2010
- In accordance with the Staff reuglations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the training programme. The PTS travel agend will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other pertinent information:
Open only to participants from the Republic of Congo, the Republic of Gabon, the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Central African Republic, the Republic of Benin, and the Republic of Chad;
Accomodation: the PTS will organize accommodation for the participants. Participants will be expected to pay for their hotel stay out of their DSA that they receive from representative of the PTS upon their arrival at the training programme venue;
Insurance: all participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third part liability insurance.