Technical Training Programme (TTP)
for Waveform Station Operators
(Participants to be nominated by invited States.)
17-28 May 2010
- To provide station operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding on the operations, maintenance and management of an IMS station using waveform technology and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training for the various operation and maintenance procedures.
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO)
The working language of the training programme will be English.
Point of Contact:
Mr Belkacem DJERMOUNI
Head, Services and Trainin Unit
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
(1) Station operators of waveform technologies directly concerned with operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment.
(2) Candidates must be proficient in English.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their permanent missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS focal point (please see contact details above) no later than 17 April 2010.
However, pending the official nomination, the participant may fax the registration form upon its approval by a director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
A letter of acceptance will be sent to the accepted candidate after his/her official nomination.
No official letter of acceptance will be sent out until the participant's registration form is received by the PTS through the official channels (permanent mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry for Foreign Affairs) .
Deadline for Application:
17 April 2010.
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the training programme.
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their tickets locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
- Overview of sensors and digitizers and equipment used at the IMS stations, covering all hardware functionality, input and output requirements, appropriate applications, installation techniques, initial set-up parameters and methods of calibration;
- Demonstration as well as hands-on training in digitizer software functionality when paired with sensors, covering information management, configuration and data monitoring. The software demonstration'll focus on operation and maintenance issues, including remote troubleshooting, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes;
- Extensive demonstration and hands-on opportunity to connect and pair sensors to digitizers, which focuses on field installation issues, required common and specialized tools and testing equipment, initial set-up parameters, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes, and fine tuning the installed system to achieve desired data quality results.
Other pertinent information:
(1) Open to Station Operators from all States Signatories.
The PTS will organize the accommodation for the participants.
Participants will be expected to pay for the hotel out of their DSA that they receive from a representative of the PTS upon their arrival at the training programme venue.
All participant shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees and under thirty party liability insurance.