TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME
ON NANOMETRICS & SSI EQUIPMENT
19-23 November 2012
The working language of the workshop will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
IDC/CBT, CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding on the oeprations, maintenance and management of an IMS station using waveform technology and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training on Nanometrics equipment.
- Overview of Nanometrics equipment;
- Demonstration covering all hardware functionality, input and output requirements, appropriate applications, installlation techniques, initial set-up parameters and methods of calibration;
- Demonstration, as well as hands-on training into Nanometrics digitizer software functionality when paired with sensors, covering information management, configuration, data and state of health monitoring. The demonstrational focus on periodic maintanance activities and operational issues including remote troubleshooting, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes;
- Demonstration and hands-on opportunity to connect and pair sensors to digitizers which focuses on field installation issues, initial set-up parameters, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes, and fine tuning the installed system to achieve desired data quality results;
- Concept of operations and maintenance in the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS);
- Overview of Operation and Maintenance Plans;
- Techncial assistance that can be provided to auxiliary stations;
- Communication with the PTS. Reporting procedures and Reporting tools (IRS and IRS client);
- Discussion on typical operation and maintenance situations.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are Station Operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following Stations:
PS19; PS42; PS44; AS004-AS006; AS048; AS049; AS074; AS101; AS102; IS06; IS27; IS40; IS42; IS51.
In an effort to ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person, States Signatories are encouraged to nominate individuals that are directly related to their IMS facility.
In order to keep the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) record for the IMS facilities up-to-date, any updates are requested to be ammended via an official Note Verbale nomination of Station Operator or an updated list of local support provided by the Station Operator in a timely manner.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through the established official channels (the respective Permanent Mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 15 August 2012.
Registration Form Initiates file downloadWORD
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules, and the Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training program.
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
- The training programme is open only for Station Operators from invited countries.
- Accommodation: The PTS will corganize accommodation for participants.
- All participants will be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.