Technical Training Programme (TTP) for Radionuclide Station Operators with CANBERRA Equipment
Canberra Industries Inc.
Meriden, United States of America
7-8 May 2012
The working language of the training programme will be English.
Points of Contact:
Mr. Belkacem Djermouni
Head, Training Unit
IDC/CBT, CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel: +43 1 26030 6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Station Operators of IMS Radionuclide stations equipped with Canberra detectors who are directly concerned with the operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established officials channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, not later than 10 April 2012.
However, pending the official nomination, the participants may fax the registration upon its approval by a director of the institution of firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Registration Form: PDF
Deadline for Application:
10 April 2012
These courses shall cover the following topics:
1) simple detector theory
2) basic genie operation;
3) Detector calibration;
4) Detector evacuation;
5) Trouble-shooting detector and DSA2000;
6) Earth loops and how to avoid/cure them;
7) Improving detector resolution;
8) New cooling systems; and
9) Any other relevant element to the maintenance of the detection system.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
• The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the training program;
• The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward the flight ticket to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
• Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other pertinent information:
- Accommodation: The PTS will organize accommodation for the participants. Participants will be expected to pay for their hotel stay out of their DSA that they receive from a representative of the PTS upon their arrival at the training program venue.
- Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance
- The training program is open only for Station Operators from invited countries.