Technical Training Programme (TTP) for Radionuclide Statios Operators with SAUNA Equipment
28 May -1 June 2012
The working language of the training programme will be English.
Point(s) of Contact:
Mr. Belkacem Djermouni
Head, Training Unit
IDC/CBT, CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel: +43 1 26030 6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Technical Staff of IMS Noble Gas radionuclide stations who are responsible for the operation and maintenance of their radionuclide stations. The training program is open only for Station Operators from invited countries.
Nominations, together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established officials channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, not later than 20 April 2012.
However, pending the official nomination, the participants may fax the registration upon its approval by a director of the institution of firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Registration Form: PDF
Deadline for Application:
20 April 2012
- Introduction to the Detector System, including system specific principles of operation, description and functionality of major system components; Introduction and use of the System manual to aid daily operation and periodic or unexpected maintenance;
- Training on the System Software;
- Training on the daily routine of system operation using the software;
- Training on periodic system operations, non- routine operations and data management, including detector calibration principles and processes, taking measurements, system shutdown and restart and consumables handling;
- System maintenance plan and schedule, including troubleshooting and corrective procedures and actions and a significant number of mock exercises.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
• The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the training program;
• The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward the flight ticket to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
• Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other pertinent information:
- Accommodation: The PTS will organize accommodation for the participants. Participants will be expected to pay for their hotel stay out of their DSA that they receive from a representative of the PTS upon their arrival at the training program venue.
- Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.