E-LEARNING TRAINING COURSE ON NDC CAPACITY BUILDING: ACCESS AND APPLICATION OF IMS DATA AND IDC PRODUCTS
Access through the Internet or by a DVD which may be sent to the address of the trainee.
The online training can be attended at any time.
English. Parts of the course are available in all UN languages upon request.
Administrative Point of Contact (POC)
Mr Kevin Murray
IDC/CBT, Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6327
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products.
Introduction to the Treaty and Verification System
- CTBT History, Treaty, Organization and Verification Regime
- National Implementation of the CTBT, before and after Entry into Force
- Overview of the IDC
- Overview of the IMS
The International Monitoring System
- Seismic Monitoring
- Hydroacoustic Monitoring
- Infrasound Monitoring
- Radionuclide Monitoring
- IMS Waveform Data Acquisition, Storage and Processing
- IMS Radionuclide Data Acquisition, Storage and Processing
The Work of a NDC Analyst
- IMS Data and IDC Products
- Accessing IMS Data and IDC Products
- Overview of Standard Software Packages
- Basic Linux
- NDC Establishment and Operation
- Benefits of IMS Data and IDC Products
- WEB-Grape Tutorial
- New Message System command line tutorial
- Request and Subscriptions
- Introduction to Geotool
- Configuring and Running CD Tools
- NDC-in-a-Box Radionuclide Components
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal user or Regular User); and
- Experience in waveform or radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification.
NDC Technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this e-learning training through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs). There is no deadline for application. Registration forms are accepted at any time.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
Pending its official transmission, the registration form can be faxed after it has been signed by the Director of your Institution, in order not to delay the preparation by the CTBTO for the candidate's participation.
Other Pertinent Information
Applications will be reviewed and subsequently applicants will be notified.
A certificate will be issued and mailed by post after successful completion of the course.