EAST ASIA REGIONAL NATIONAL DATA CENTER WORKSHOP
Daejon, Republic of Korea
25 - 27 September 2013
The working language will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Chen Yu Liu-Kiebacher
Administrative Clerk IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6588
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Strengthen the knowledge of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
- Further build-up the capacity of States Signatories of the CTBT to participate in the implementation of the verification regime and assess how participants are making use of IMS data and IDC products;
- Encourage National Data Centres within the region to undertake a joint exercise for the analysis of waveform and radionuclide data and compare their results;
- Promote the exchange of experience and expertise among the NDCs.
To be provided at a later stage.
Invited States should nominate participant(s) who are involved in the use of IMS Data and IDC Products (waveform and radionuclide).
Preference will be given to NDC operators and NDC's customers.
This Workshop is dedicated to the following countries:
Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mongolia, Philippines, Russian Federation, Thailand, United States of America and Vietnam.
Applicants are requested to use the attached registration form and submit to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 2 August 2013.
Registration Form Initiates file downloadWORD
Submitted applications will be reviewed and the successful applicants will be notified subsequently.
Applicable to PTs-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
Insurance: all PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.