INTERNATIONAL NOBLE GAS EXPERIMENT WORKSHOP 2013
4-8 November 2013
The working language of the workshop will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Chen Yu Liu-Kiebacher
Administrative Clerk, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6588;
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The purpose of the Workshop is to present and evaluate the most recent advances in noble gas monitoring technology.
The themes of the workshop are:
- Noble gas measurement technologies at IMS stations
- The analysis and interpretation of noble gas data
- Noble gas background measurements to characterize typical xenon detections
- QA/QC and laboratories supporting the noble gas measurements
- New technologies related to the measurement and analysis
- Noble gases in On-Site Inspections
- Atmospheric Transport Modelling
The workshop is aimed towards all scientists, engineers and other persons involved in Noble Gas measurements related to the verification of the CTBT.
Please be informed that the Provisional Technical Secretariat will solicit presentations and posters from participants on the topics of the Workshop.
Applicants are requested to visit our website Opens external link in new windowctnw.ctbto.org and apply online latest by 3 September 2013.
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see point of contact) through their respective Permanent Mission.
Applicants are invited to submit and abstract relevant to the objectives of the Workshop via the registration platform. Please specify clearly whether it will be a poster or a power-point presentation.
No registration fee will be charged.
(Applicable to PTS-funded participants only)
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
- Health insurance covering the duration of the training will be provided.
Other Pertinent Information
Power-Point presentations shall not exceed 20 minutes. Posters should be in either A0 or B1 format.
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing. The Provisional Technical Secretariat will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the workshop.