NDC CAPACITY BUILDING:
NDC ANALYST TRAINING COURSE
20 January - 14 February 2014
The working language will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To strengthen the capacity of the States Signatories' participation in the verification regime and to enhance their use of PTS data and products for civil and scientific applications.
- Introduction and overview;
- Technical issues faced by NDCs after attending the2-week NDC Capacity Building Training Course;
- Practical sessions on
i. Access and Use of IMS data and IDC Products
ii. Installation and use of Standard Software Packages.
- Processing of IMS data and analysis of IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on how to incorporate local seismo-acoustic station data into NDC-in-a-Box software package etc.
- Technical staff/authorized users involved or to be involved in the use of IMS data and IDC products;
- Should have participated in a previous 2-week capacity building training course "NDC Capacity Building: Access and Analysis of IMS Waveform Data and IDC Products"; and
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating system and SQL would also be beneficial.
NDC Technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs).
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
Registration form Initiates file downloadWORD
Applications will be reviewed and subsequently applicants will be notified.
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later than 13 November 2013.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
- Open to States Signatories from the African and Latin America and the Caribbean Region under the European Union Joint Action IV, in particular to those participating in the Capacity Building Programme.
- Accommodation: The PTS will cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna;
- Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.