NDC CAPACITY BUILDING:
NDC WAVEFORM ANALYST
Vienna International Centre
13 March - 7 April 2017
The working language will be English
ADMINISTRATIVE POINT OF CONTACT
Ms Johanna Fessl
P.O. Box 1200
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 26030 6484
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products, and
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage; Standard Software Packages;
- Necessary NDC's Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyse IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages, etc.
To be considered for this course, applicants have to successfully complete:
- E-Learning Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Access and Application of IMS Data and IDC Products. This is accessible via the CTBTO Knowledge and Training Portal. To register, please visit the e-Learning webpage and follow instructions.
or attend and successfully complete:
- Two-Week Waveform Analyst Training Course in Vienna
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User)
- Experience in waveform data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification;
- Seismologists with an advanced degree who operate or have access to regional and local seismic network data and the means of processing that data to provide accurate phase pick information; and
- Linux background and some SQL-experience are required.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
NDC technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their respective Permanent Mission to the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
However, pending its official transmission, it can be emailed after it has been signed by a Director of the Institution, in order not to delay the preparation by the CTBTO for the candidate's participation.
Registration Form_NDC Capacity Building: NDC Waveform Analyst Training Course
Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be subsequently notified.
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later than 13 January 2017.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance on the first day of the training; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.