TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR WAVEFORM STATION OPERATORS WITH GURALP EQUIPMENT
3 - 7 October 2016
The working language will be English
ADMINISTRATIVE POINT OF CONTACT
Ms. Johanna Fesl
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O.Box 1200, A- 1400 Vienna
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding of the Operations, Maintenance and Management of an IMS station using Waveform technology and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training on Guralp equipment and the Standard Station Interface (SSI).
- Overview of Guralp equipment;
- Overview of the Standard Station Interface (SSI) data collection and transmission software;
- Demonstration covering all hardware and software functionality, input and output requirements, appropriate applications, installation techniques, initial set-up parameters and methods of calibration;
- Demonstration, as well as hands-on training, into Guralp digitizer software functionality when paired with sensors, covering information management, configuration and data monitoring. The demonstration shall focus on periodic maintenance and operational issues, including remote troubleshooting, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes;
- Demonstration and hands-on opportunity to connect and pair sensors to digitizers which focuses on field installation issues, initial set-up parameters, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes, and fine tuning the installed system to achieve desired data quality results;
- Overview of Operational Manuals (IMS and IDC);
- Concept of operations and maintenance in the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS);
- Communication with the PTS. Reporting tools (IRS and IRS client);
- Problem reporting, configurations change request, configuration change notification, outage request;
- Discussion on typical operation and maintenance situations.
Station operators of IMS stations using Guralp equipment directly concerned with the operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment. Candidates must be proficient in English.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are station operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following stations:
PS02, PS05, PS09, PS14, PS17, PS19, PS45
AS002, AS007, AS051, AS052, AS053, AS054, AS055, AS056, AS057, AS059, AS066, AS074, AS082, AS094, AS097
IS07, IS09, IS14
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only though established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 5 August 2016.
However, pending the official nomination, the participants may email the registration upon its approval by a director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to register via the following registration form:
RF_TT Waveform Station Operators Guralp Equipment
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsitence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs:
- A DSA that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the technical programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight ticket to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and participants will receive their DSA upon arrival; and
- All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.
The training programme is open only for station operators from invited countries.
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.