EAST ASIA REGIONAL
NATIONAL DATA CENTRE WORKSHOP
Government of Viet Nam and the Vietnam Agency for Radiation and Nuclear Safety (VARANS)
United States Department of State (US DOS) Bureau of
Arms Control, Verification and Compliance, Washington DC.
Hanoi, Viet Nam
7 - 11 August 2017
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Mr Kevin Murray
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
P.O.Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6327
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Strengthen the knowledge of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
- Further build-up the capacity of States Signatories of the CTBT to participate in the implementation of the verification regime and assess how participants are making use of IMS data and IDC products;
- Encourage National Data Centres within the region to undertake a joint exercise for the analysis of waveform and radionuclide data and compare their results; and
- Promote the exchange of experience and expertise among the NDCs.
To be provided
This Workshop is organized for the following States:
Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Russian Federation, Singapore, Thailand, United States of America,
and Viet Nam.
Invited States should nominate participant(s) who are involved in the use of IMS Data and IDC Products (waveform and radionuclide).
Preference will be given to NDCs.
Applicants are requested to use the registration form below and submit to the PTS point of contact above, no later than the 22 May 2017.
RF_East Asia Regional NDC Workshop
Submitted applications will be reviewed and successful applicants subsequently notified.
The PTS has limited funding for the workshop, with priority given to staff from emerging NDCs.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, when authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs of accommodation;
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) upon arrival, sufficient to cover the related expenses during the workshop; and
- Health insurance for the duration of the workshop.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing. The PTS will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.
It is strongly recommended that, prior to departure, all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the workshop. All PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme under third party liability insurance.