NDC CAPACITY BUILDING:
NDC WAVEFORM TRAINING COURSE USING SEISCOMP3
Vienna International Centre, Austria
30 October - 3 November 2017
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Mr Kevin Murray
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6327
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To strengthen the capacity of the States Signatories' participation in the verification regime and to enhance their use of PTS data and products for civil and scientific applications using SeisComP3.
- Introduction to the key features of SeisComP3
- Installation of SeisComP3 (binary installation)
- Importing station information derived from IRIS or webdc.eu
- Station configuration including basic data acquisition
- Advanced data acquisition configuration (SeedLink, SeedLink plug-ins)
- Data management utilities (voice alert, earthquake bulletins, helicorder plots etc.)
- Real-time playbacks
- Practical training (focusing on manual phase and amplitude picking, first motion picking including focal mechanism determination)
- Off-line playbacks
- Customization of the SeisComP3 modules (usage of post pickers, changes of colors, units, event IDs etc.)
- Practical training (focusing on off-line playbacks and hands-on tuning, participants can bring their own datasets)
- Trouble Shooting of SeisComP3 software
- Installing, configuring and running the CTBTO data conversion modules css2proc, proc2css, css2inv and inv2css.
- The training is only open to the CTBT States Signatories, in particular to those participating in the Capacity Building Programme.
- Technical staff/authorized users involved or to be involved in the use of IMS data and IDC products;
- NDC staff is the main target group;
- Experience in waveform data analysis; and
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating system and SQL would also be beneficial.
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 1 September 2017.
Applicants are requested to register with the following form:
RF_NDC Waveform Tranining Course using SeisComP3
However, pending official nomination, participants may fax the registration to the PTS upon approval by a Director of the Institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements to be made by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to the cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation. Training participants will receive their remaining DSA on the first day of the training; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
In order to ensure timely processing, participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat.