TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR RADIONUCLIDE STATIONS OPERATORS WITH SPALAX EQUIPMENT
6 - 10 March 2017
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Mr Kevin Murray
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6327
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide IMS station operators with the required knowledge and technical understanding of SPALAX noble gas monitoring systems in order to perform operations and maintenance tasks.
SPALAX process analysis and diagnosis
- SPALAX Process data analysis: detecting, understanding, and resolution of problems - examples and practical exercises;
- Operator support for troubleshooting;
HP Ge detector
- HPGe detector system - installation and replacement of detector and MCA, hardware and software (Genie-2000) related issues;
- Calibration of the HPGe detector system. Preparation of calibration certificates;
- Detector background measurement;
Thermal conductivity detector (TCD) and SPALAX electronics
- TCD replacement and calibration: expert;
- Diagnosis and replacement of electronic cards;
- Replacement of compressor and/or compressor head;
- Maintenance Procedures level 3 on air compressor;
- Operation of safety valve;
- Non-return valve inspection;
- Tips seals replacement;
- Scroll bearings greasing;
- Greasing of the pairs of bearing;
- V-belt Replacement;
- Scroll air end (if item in spares).
Station operators who are responsible for daily operation and maintenance of SPALAX noble gas monitoring systems at IMS stations.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are station operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following stations:
CAX16, CAX17, CMX13, DEX33, FRX27, FRX29, FRX30, FRX31, MNX45, PAX50
In an effort to ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person, please nominate individuals that are directly responsible for the IMS SPALAX noble gas system facilities.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following e-learning modules:
EN-POL01, EN-POL04, EN-MON04, EN-MON06, EN-MON07, EN-MON08, EN-MON09, EN-MON10;
Radiation Safety: EN-OSI04, ENOSI05, EN-OSI06
are available upon direct request to email@example.com
Nominations, together with the registration forms, should be submitted only through established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS Point of Contact above, no later than 13 January 2017.
However, pending the official nomination, the applicant may fax the registration, upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
RF TT SPALAX EQUIPMENT
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs:
- A DSA that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and participants will pay the hotel themselves using their DSA, which they receive upon arrive in Poissy; and
- Health insurance will be provided for the duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.
The training programme is open only for Station Operators from invited countries.