TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR WAVEFORM STATIONS OPERATORS WITH NANOMETRICS EQUIPMENT (EXCLUDING INFRASOUND)
Vienna International Centre, Vienna, Austria
22-26 May 2017
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms Johanna Fessl
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding on the operations, maintenance and management of an IMS station using waveform technology and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training on Nanometrics equipment.
- Overview of Nanometrics equipment;
- Demonstration covering all hardware functionality, input and output requirements, appropriate applications, installation techniques, initial set-up parameters and methods of calibration;
- Demonstration as well as hands-on training into Nanometrics digitizer software functionality, when paired with sensors, covering information management, configuration, data and state of health monitoring. The demonstrational focus on periodic maintenance activities and operational issues including remote troubleshooting, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes;
- Demonstration and hands-on opportunity to connect and pair sensors to digitizers which focuses on field installation issues, initial set-up parameters, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes, and fine tuning the installe dsystem to ahcieve desired data quality results;
- Concept of operations and maintenance in the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS);
- Overview of Operation and Maintenance Plans;
- Technical assistance that can be provided to auxiliary stations;
- Communication with the PTS. Reporting procedures and Reporting tools (IRS and IRS client);
- Discussion on typical operation and maintenance situations.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participants who are Stations Operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following stations:
AS037 (APG) Guatemala
AS049 (MMAI) Israel
AS050 (VAE) Italy
AS058 (KURK) Kazakhstan
AS074 (WSAR) Oman
AS077 (ATAH) Peru
PS05 (Mawson) Australia
PS14 (ROSC) Colombia
PS26 (TORD) Niger
PS42 (Thala) Tunisia
PS40 (ESDC) Spain
PS44 (GEYT) Turkmenistan
HA07 (Flores) Portugal
HA06 (Socorro) Mexico
To ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person, please nominate individuals that are directly related to the respective IMS facility. Station Operators who have not attended similar training in the past are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following
Modules are available upon direct request to email@example.com
Basic Linux knowledge is mandatory.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only though established official channels (Permanent Mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 17 March 2017.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
TT_Waveform Stations Operators Nanometrics Equipment
However, pending the official nomination, participants many fax the registration form upon its approval by a Director of the institution, in order to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Candidates without specific Linux certificate are requested to take the Linux e-learning course available upon direct request to firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- A DSA that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and participants will receive their DSA on the first day of the training; and
- Health insurance will be provided to cover the duration of the training.
Requirement: scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.