2022 CTBT SCIENCE DIPLOMACY SYMPOSIUM
Boardroom D, Vienna International Centre, Vienna, Austria,
6 to 9 December 2022
The working language will be English
The objectives of the Symposium are to:
- Build upon the momentum in universalizing the CTBT created during its 25th anniversary year and contribute to the CTBTO strategy to achieve additional signatures and ratifications
- Promote the equitable distribution of benefits to States from participation in the verification regime and highlight the objectives and achievements of the NDCs for All initiative
- Provide staff from Permanent Missions with opportunity to gain deeper understanding and appreciation of the CTBT, its verification regime and the work of the organization
The target audience for the Symposium will consist of the traditional CTBT stakeholders (Vienna-based (and other) diplomats and Permanent Mission staff, government officials and experts, station operators and NDC staff) as well as academics, researchers, students, professionals in IOs and NGOs, journalists, and other interested members of civil society.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINES
Applicants are requested to register online at the Commission’s CTNW platform: https://ctnw.ctbto.org
Financial support may be available to a limited number of participants. Such assistance must be requested at the time of registration (by selecting the relevant box during online registration) and no later than 31 October 2022.
Participants are strongly encouraged to first seek travel and participation funds from non-CTBTO sources.
Funding Application Deadline: 31 October 2022
Application Deadline: 28 November 2022
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the workshop program will be paid on the first day of the workshops to the participants;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward the flight ticket to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the workshop.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
- All non-ratifying States will be invited to nominate two representatives to receive funding to participate in the Symposium.
- Financial support may be available to a limited number of participants. Such assistance must be requested at the time of registration and not later than the Funding Application Deadline of 16 October. As financial support is limited, participants are strongly encouraged to first seek travel and participation funds from non-CTBTO sources.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the workshop.