NDC Training for French-speaking NDCs
Government of Niger and Haute Autorité Nigerienne à l’Energie Atomique (HANEA)
27 February - 3 March 2023
The working language will be French
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products and
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS data.
- Introduction and overview
- NDC training cycle 2023 – 2024
- Practical sessions on SHI Waveform Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages
- Technical visit and field trip
- Practical sessions on Radionuclide Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages
- Practical sessions on ATM_Web-Grape
This training is dedicated to the French speaking countries
- French speaking NDC technical staff / authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in waveform or Radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test ban verification;
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required;
Registration deadline: 4 December 2022
Registration Form NDC Training for French-speaking NDCs
French speaking NDCs Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications for this training course through established officials channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above no later than the registration deadline.
However, pending the official nomination, the participants may fax the registration upon its approval by a director of the institution to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
French speaking NDC Technical Staff are requested to use the registration form available here:
Applications will be reviewed and subsequently applicants will be notified.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide to the candidates a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs for the Training.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training program.
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, they are authorized to do so and only if this proves to be the most cost effective option for the PTS;
- The PTS will cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Niger; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
Other Pertinent Information
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.