Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Access and Analysis of Waveform IMS Data and IDC Products
Vienna International Centre
13-24 February 2023
The working language will be English
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products, and
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage: Standard NDC-in-a-Box Software Packages;
- Necessary NDC’s Resources to process IMS Data and analyse IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages, etc.
- NDC technical staff and analysts, preferably authorized users (Principal or Regular);
- Experience in waveform data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test ban verification;
- Seismologists with an advanced degree who operate or have access to regional and local seismic network data and the means of processing that data to provide accurate phase pick information;
- Basic knowledge of the Linux operating system and SQL is desirable;
- Passing the NDC e-Learning course is a prerequisite.
NDC technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs), no later than 11 December 2022 via the following registration form:
Applications will be reviewed and subsequently applicants will be notified.
However, pending the official nomination, participants may email the registration form upon its approval by a director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A round-trip ticket to Vienna on the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, they are authorized to do so in advance, and only if this proves to be the most cost effective option for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation. Training participants will receive relevant portion of the Daily Subsistence Allowance (per-diem) via bank transfer upon arrival to the first day of the training course; and
- Health and accident insurance will be provided for the duration of the training, including travel days.
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding Embassy upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.
Point of Contact
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel: +43 1 26030 6132
Email: [email protected]
11 December 2023