Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Introductory Training Course on Radionuclide IMS Data and IDC Products (particulates and noble gas)
Vienna International Centre
6 - 17 March 2023
The working language will be English
- Understanding the role of National Data Centres in the CTBT verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Initiation to software tools for the analysis of IMS radionuclide data.
- Introduction on CTBTO verification regime and overview on the Radionuclide monitoring technology;
- IDC technical support to NDCs;
- Methods to access IMS Radionuclide data and IDC products;
- IMS data, acquisition, processing and storage: standard software packages;
- Practical sessions on access to Radionuclide data and products;
- Initiation to standard software in the NDC-in-a-Box package for processing and analysis of Radionuclide data (particulates and noble gas);
- Initiation to data analysis in NDC-in-a-Box including comparison with analysis results in IDC products;
- Post processing of Atmospheric Transport Modelling (ATM) output.
- NDC technical staff/ authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User).
- Experience in radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test ban verification; and
- Passing the e-Learning course is a prerequisite and is considered in selection of participants.
Note: The E-Learning Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Access and Application of IMS Data and IDC Products is accessible via the CTBTO Knowledge and Training portal.
To register, please visit the e-Learning webpage and follow the instructions.
NDC technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs), no later than 2 January 2023 via the following registration form:
Applications will be reviewed and subsequently applicants will be notified.
However, pending the official nomination, participants may email the registration form upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow for timely travel and accommodation arrangements to be made by the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS).
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A round-trip ticket to Vienna on the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, they are authorized to do so in advance, and only if this proves to be the most cost effective option for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation. Training participants will receive relevant portion of the Daily Subsistence Allowance (per-diem) via bank transfer upon arrival to the first day of the training course; and
- Health and accident insurance will be provided for the duration of the training, including travel days.
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel: +43 1 26030 6484
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Email: [email protected]