NDC Capacity Building: Waveform Training Course using SeisComP
Vienna International Centre
8 to 12 May 2023
The working language will be English
To strengthen the capacity of the States Signatories’ participation in the verification regime and to enhance their use of PTS data and products for civil and scientific applications using SeisComP.
- Introduction to the key features of SeisComP;
- Installation of SeisComP (binary installation);
- Importing station information derived from IRIS or webdc.eu;
- Station configuration including basic data acquisition;
- Advanced data acquisition configuration (SeedLink, SeedLink plug-ins);
- Data management utilities (voice alert, earthquake bulletins, helicorder plots etc.);
- Real-time playbacks;
- Practical training (focusing on manual phase and amplitude picking, first motion picking including focal mechanism determination);
- Off-line playbacks;
- Customization of the SeisComP modules (usage of post pickers, changes of colors, units, event IDs etc.);
- Practical training (focusing on off-line playbacks and hands-on tuning, participants can bring their own datasets);
- Trouble Shooting of SeisComP software; and
- Installing, configuring and running the CTBTO data conversion modules css2proc, proc2css, css2inv and inv2css.
- The training is only open to CTBT States Signatories, in particular those participating in the Capacity Building Programme;
- Technical staff/authorized users involved or to be involved in the use of IMS data and IDC products;
- NDC staff are the main target group;
- Experience in waveform data analysis; and
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating system and SQL would also be beneficial.
NDC technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs).
Applicants are requested to use the registration form provided here:
Registration deadline: 19 March 2023
Applications will be reviewed and subsequently applicants will be notified.
However, pending the official nomination, participants may email the registration upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, they are authorized to do so and only if this proves to be the most cost-effective option for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation. Training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance on the first day of the training; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, as soon as possible, at the corresponding Embassy upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel: +43 1 26030 6147
Email: [email protected]