NDC Training for Spanish Speaking NDCs
Gobierno de Costa Rica (Government of Costa Rica)
Observatorio Vulcanológico y Sismológico de Costa Rica de la Universidad Nacional (OVSICORI-UNA)
San Jose, Costa Rica
20 - 24 November 2023
The working language will be Spanish
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products and,
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS data.
- Introduction and overview
- Presentations of the latest developments, regarding capacity building and training in the IDC.
- Civil and scientific applications of IMS data and IDC products with emphasis on special interest to NDCs in LAC.
- Installation and setup of NDC-in-a-Box software suit.
- Practical sessions on SHI Waveform Data and Products Access, and use of Standard Software Packages
- Technical visit and field trip
- Hydroacoustic technologies and data processing
- Infrasound data analysis at the IDC
- Costa Rica Infrasound experience Portable array/Data analysis
- Introduction to SeiscomP
- Spanish speaking NDC technical staff / authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in SHI waveform data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test ban verification;
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required;
This training is dedicated to the Spanish speaking countries.
APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
Technical staff of Spanish speaking NDCs are invited to submit their applications for this training course through established officials channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact, no later than 17 September 2023.
However, pending the official nomination, participants may send the registration via email upon its approval by a Director of their institution in order to allow for timely travel and accommodation arrangements to be made by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the registration form to submit their applications:
Applications will be reviewed and applicants notified subsequently.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide to the candidates a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs for the Training.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training program.
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, they are authorized to do so and only if this proves to be the most cost effective option for the PTS;
- The PTS will cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Costa Rica; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.