Invitation to Press Briefing
The Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) has the honour to invite members of the media to a briefing on
THE INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC STUDIES CONFERENCE
ASSESSING THE CTBT VERIFICATION REGIME’S CAPABILITY TO DETECT NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS
The press briefing will take place on Wednesday 10 June 2009 at 12:30 in the Gardesalon, Hofburg, Josefsplatz 3, A-1010 Vienna, Austria.
- Ambassador Tibor Tóth, CTBTO Executive Secretary
- Academician Evgeny N. Avrorin, Russian Federal Nuclear Center (nuclear weapons laboratory), Russia (tbc)
- Prof. Raymond Jeanloz, U.S. National Academy of Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Dr. Zhenfu Li, Northwest Institute of Nuclear Technology (nuclear weapons laboratory), China
- Experts on the seismic and radionuclide technologies will also be present to answer questions.
The Conference will be opened on Wednesday 10 June 2009 at 09:30 by Austrian Foreign Minister Michael Spindelegger. This will be followed by a press point with Foreign Minister Spindelegger and Executive Secretary Tóth at 10.15 in the Gardesalon, Hofburg.
The Conference is open to the media.
The International Scientific Studies (ISS) Conference comes two weeks after the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s (DPRK) announced nuclear test. The CTBTO’s findings on the DPRK event will be discussed at the Conference. For the full Conference programme and the live webstream of the proceedings and press briefings, see CTBTO website.
Contact for Background and interview requests:
Annika Thunborg, CTBTO Spokesperson, tel: +43-1-26030-6375, mob: +43-(0) 699 1459 6375, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration and practical information: Christian Evertz, mob: +43-664 512 9409, e-mail: email@example.com.
Interview requests for Foreign Minister Spindelegger: Valerie Hauff, tel: +43-0-501150-3327, mob: +43-676-8999-3327,
Download video footage and image packages on the CTBTO.