Joint IMS-IDC Regional Technical Training Programme for Station Operators and National Data Centre Technical Staff
Daejeon, Republic of Korea
6-10 October 2008
Provisional Technical Secretariat of the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
(1) establishment and operation of National Data Centres (NDCs),
(2) operation and maintenance of International Monitoring System (IMS) stations.
The working language of the workshop will be English.
Point of Contact:
Mr Belkacem DJERMOUNI
Head, Services and Training Unit
Services, Quality Control and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6321
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
(1) Technical staff at an existing or planned NDC in the South East Asia, the Pacific and the Far East (SEAPFE) region.
(2) Station operators responsible for the operation of IMS stations in the SEAPFE region.
NDC technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training programme through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs),
Nominations for station operators can be submitted ONLY by invited States through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs).
Deadline for Application:
The completed registration form must be received by the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) no later than 15 August 2008.
Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA): at the expense of the PTS.
Travel: at the expense of the PTS.
(1) Overview of the Treaty;
(2) International Monitoring System (IMS);
(3) IMS data and data processing;
(4) Overview of operation and maintenance of IMS stations;
(5) Logistic support;
(6) PTS support;
(7) Establishment and operation of NDC;
(8) Training on relevant equipment.
Other pertinent information:
Open only to States Signatories.