NDC Development Workshop and Technical Task Force (TTF-4) Meeting of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
4 June 2008 (TTF-4) and
5-6 June 2008 (NDC Development Workshop)
The workshop aims to:
(1) promote understanding of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
(2) enhance national capabilities of ASEAN States Signatories in the implementation of the Treaty;
(3) promote the exchange of experience and expertise among ASEAN States Signatories in the establishment, operation and management of a National Data Centre (NDC);
(4) promote the application of verification data for civil and scientific purposes, including tsunami warning;
(5) promote ways in which ASEAN member countries can closely work and cooperate together in the timely sharing of data, utilize CTBT data and relevant information to mitigate earthquake-generated tsunami disasters.
The working language of the workshop will be English.
Point of Contact:
Ms Wafa KHAWALED
Services, Quality Control and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6132
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Further details relating to the workshop will be provided at a later stage.
Invited States should nominate participants who are involved or will be involved in the establishment, operation and/or management of their National Data Centre and/or National Tsunami Centre.
Members of the Technical Task Force (TTF) Meeting should attend the TTF-4 Meeting on 4 June 2008, before the NDC Development Workshop.
Nominations together with the completed registration form should be sent to the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see the address above) through established official channels (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Permanent Mission to the CTBTO or other competent national authority) not later than 19 May 2008.
Submitted applications will be reviewed by 20 May 2008. The successful candidates will be notified subsequently.
Deadline for Application:
19 May 2008
Travel, accommodation and a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) for the participants of the NDC Development Workshop will be covered by the PTS.
1) Establishing and managing an NDC;
(2) PTS support to the NDCs;
(3) Civil and scientific applications of the PTS data and IDC products;
(4) Utilization of seismic and hydroacoustic data for tsunami warning purposes.
Other pertinent information:
Open only to citizens of States Signatories from the ASEAN countries.