Advanced Training/Capacity Building Course for NDC Technical Staff in Eastern and Southern Africa
East African Community, Arusha, Tanzania
11-22 May 2009
Provisional Technical Secretariat of the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Training in processing IMS data and analysing IDC products
The working language of the workshop will be English.
Point of Contact:
Ms Victoria TURNER
Associate Training Officer
Services and Training Unit
Services, Quality Control and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6186/6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Technical staff involved or to be involved in the processing of IMS data and the analysis of IDC products.
NDC technical staff is invited to submit their applications for this training programme through established official channels (their permanent missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs).
Deadline for Application:
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later than 30 March 2009.
Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA): at the expense of the PTS
Travel: at the expense of the PTS
(1) Introduction and overview;
(2) Methods to access IMS data and IDC products;
(3) NDC support/pefrormance reports;
(4) IMS data, acquisition, processing and storage: standard software packages;
(5) Necessary NDC recources to process IMS data and analyse IDC products;
(6) Practical sessions on data and products access, use of standard software packages, etc.
Other pertinent information:
(1) Open only to States Signatories in the Eastern and Southern African region
(2) Tanzania Tourist Board