Advanced Training/Capacity Building Course for NDC Technical Staff in Latin America and the Caribbean Region
16-27 November 2009
To train processing IMS data and analysing IDC products.
The working language of the course will be English.
Point of Contact:
Ms Victoria TURNER
Associate Training Officer
Services, Quality Control and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6180/6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Technical staff involved or to be involved in the processing of IMS data and the analysis of IDC products.
NDC technical staff is invited to submit their applications for this training programme through established official channels (their permanent missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs).
Deadline for Application:
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later than 30 September 2009.
Travel and a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) will be covered by the PTS.
(1) Introduction and overview;
(2) Methods to access IMS data and IDC products;
(3) NDC Support/Permormance Reports;
(4) IMS data, acquisition, processing and storage: standard software packages;
(5) Necessary NDC's resources to process IMS data and analyse IDC products;
(6) Practical sessions on data and products access, use of standard software packages, etc.
Other pertinent information:
Open only to States Signatories in Latin America and the Caribbean region.