CTBTO Workshop on Capacity Building for Caribbean States
Santo Domingo, Donimican Republic
25-27 May 2009
(1) To promote understanding of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
(2) To enhance national capabilities of Caribbean States in the implementation of the Treaty;
(3) To promote the exchange of experience and expertise among Caribbean States in the establishment, operation and management of a National Data Centre (NDC);
(4) To promote the application of verification data for civil and scientific purposes;
(5) To promote international cooperation among the regional states.
The working language of the workshop will be English.
Point of Contact:
Ms Victoria TURNER
Associate Training Officer
Services, Quality Control and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6180/6132
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Further details relating to the workshop will be provided at a later stage.
Invited States should nominate participant(s) who are involved or will be involved in the establishment, operation and/or management of their National Data Centre, and Government representatives from Ministries of Foreign Affairs or Science and Technology or Defence.
Applications should be submitted to the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) to arrive in Vienna no later than 10 April 2009.
Attn: IDC Training
P.O. Box 1200
1400 Vienna, Austria
Submitted applications will be reviewed, and successful candidates will be notified subsequently.
Deadline for Application:
15 April 2009
Travel, accommodation and a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) will be covered by the PTS and the voluntary contribution provided by the Government of Austria.
1) Establishing and managing an NDC;
(2) PTS support to the NDCs;
(3) Civil and scientific applications of the PTS data and IDC products.
Other pertinent information:
Open only to citizens of States Signatories from the Caribbean region, in particular to those which do not ahve secure account.