Technical Training Programme (TTP) for Radionuclide Station Operators Using
SAUNA Equipment (Participants to be nominated by invited States.)
23-27 November 2009
- To provide radionuclide station operators with the technical basis and the practical capability to perform repair that may be necessary during the operation of SAUNA equipment;
- To provide hands-on training and practical lessons on SAUNA gamma detectors that are important for their maintenance.
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO)
The working language of the course will be English.
Point of Contact:
Ms Victoria TURNER
Associate Training Officer
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6186/6132
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
Technical staff of IMS noble gas stations who are responsible for the operation and maintenance of their radionuclide stations.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their permanent missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS focal point (please see contact details above) no later than 30 October 2009.
However, pending the official nomination, the participant may fax the registration form upon its approval by a director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
A letter of acceptance will be sent to the accepted candidate after his/her official nomination.
No official letter of acceptance will be sent out until the participant's registration form is received by the PTS through the official channels (permanent mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry for Foreign Affairs) .
Deadline for Application:
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later than 30 October 2009.
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules and Administrative Directrives, the PTS will provide a daily subsistance allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the training programme.
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their tickets locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
- Normal and abnormal symproms;
- Diagnosis of fault;
- Detector re-evacuation;
- Cooling system replacement;
- Performance tests;
- Detector calibration using standard software;
- Pre-amplifier replacement and adjustment;
- HV-filter replacement; and
- Leakage current measurement
Other pertinent information:
(1) THE TRAINING PROGRAMME IS OPEN ONLY FOR STATION OPERATORS FROM THE RADIONUCLIDE STATIONS RN22 (CHINA), RN11 (BRAZIL), RN4 AND RN9 (AUSTRALIA), RN75 (USA), RN68 (UK) AND RN37 (JAPAN).
The PTS will organize the accommodation for the participants.
Participants will be expected to pay for the hotel out of their DSA that they receive from a representative of the PTS upon their arrival at the training programme venue.
All participant shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees and under thirty party liability insurance.
(4) Uppsala Tourism (visitors' guide)