CTBTO Workshop on Machine Learning and Earth Structure
6 - 9 September 2010
- To promote an understanding of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
- To inform about CTBT-related ongoing projects in machine learning;
- To inform about CTBT-related travel time modelling issues;
- To promote the application of verification data for civil and scientific purposes.
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO)
The working language of the training programme will be English.
Point of Contact:
Mr Belkacem DJERMOUNI
Head, Services and Trainin Unit
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
(1) Invited States should nominate participant(s) with expertise in the fields of machine learningand/or travel modelling.
(2) Candidates must be proficient in English.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS focal point (please see contact details above) no later than 17 July 2010.
However, pending the official nomination, the participant may fax the registration form upon its approval by a director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
A letter of acceptance will be sent to the accepted candidate after his/her official nomination.
No official letter of acceptance will be sent out until the participant's registration form is received by the PTS through the official channels (Permanent Mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry for Foreign Affairs) .
Deadline for Application:
17 July 2010.
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the training programme.
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their tickets locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
- Machine Learning applied to CTBT issues
- Travel time modelling applied to CTBT issues
- Civil and Scientific applications of PTS data and IDC products
Other pertinent information:
(1) The training programme is open only to citizens of States Signatories
The PTS will organize the accommodation for the participants.
Participants will be expected to pay for the hotel out of their DSA that they receive from a representative of the PTS upon their arrival at the training programme venue.
All participant shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees and under thirty party liability insurance.