NDC Development Workshop
on Capacity Building
for MESA States
27 - 30 September 2010
- To promote understanding of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the workof the Preparatory Commission;
- To enhance national capabilities of MESA States in the implementation of the Treaty;
- To promote the exchange of experience and expertise among MESA States in the establishment, operation and management of a National Data Centre;
- To promote the application of verification data for civil and scientific purposes.
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO)
The working language of the training programme will be English.
Point of Contact:
Mr Belkacem DJERMOUNI
Head, Training Unit
Provisional Technical Secretariat
Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive
Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
Vienna International Centre
P.O. Box 1200, 1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 1 26030 6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
(1) Invited States should nominate participant(s) who will be involved in the establishment, operation and/or management of their National Data Centre.
(2) Candidates must be proficient in English.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their permanent missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS focal point (please see contact details above) no later than 27 June 2010 via the application form made available here.
However, pending the official nomination, the participant may fax the registration form upon its approval by a director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
A letter of acceptance will be sent to the accepted candidate after his/her official nomination.
No official letter of acceptance will be sent out until the participant's registration form is received by the PTS through the official channels (permanent mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry for Foreign Affairs) .
Deadline for Application:
27 June 2010
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover accommodation and related expenses during the training programme.
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their tickets locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
- Establishing and managing an NDC
- PTS support to NDCs
- Civil and Scientific Applications of PTS data and IDC products
Other pertinent information:
(1) The training programme is oipen only for Station Operators from invited countries.
The PTS will organize the accommodation for the participants.
Participants will be expected to pay for the hotel out of their DSA that they receive from a representative of the PTS upon their arrival at the training programme venue.
All participant shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees and under thirty party liability insurance.