NDC Workshop on Capacity Building for the newly established/strengthened NDC in States Signatories under the Capacity Building Project
8 -10 November 2011
Mr. Belkacem Djermouni
Head, Training Unit
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
International Data Centre Division
Capacity Building and Training Section
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
+43 1 26030 6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
- To strengthen the knowledge of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
- To further build-up the capacity of the CTBT State Signatories to participate in the implementation of the verification regime and assess how participants are making use of IMS data and IDC products, including for civil and scientific applications;
- To promote the exchange of experience and expertise among the NDCs established/strengthened under the Capacity Building Project in the operation and maintenance of a National Data Centre.
· Operating and managing an NDC
· PTS support to NDCs
· Civil and Scientific Applications of IMS data and IDC products
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are involved in the operations and/or management of their National Data Centre.
The working language of the workshop will be English
Deadline for applications: 30 August 2011
Applications should be submitted to the Provisional Technical Secretariat of the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO Attn: IDC Training, CTBTO, P.O. Box 1200
Applicants are requested to use the Registration Form PDF
This should be done no later than 30 august 2011. Applications will be reviewed and subsequently applicants will be notified.
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs:
· The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme.
· The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward an electronic round trip economic flight ticket to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
· Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cot efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
The training programme is open only to NDC Technical taff from capacity building beneficiary countries.
The PTS will organize accommodation for the participants.
Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.