Regional Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Access and Analysis of IMS Waveform Data and IDC Products, 16-27
January 2012, Mexico City, Mexico.
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
16-27 January 2012
Point(s) of Contact
Mr. Belkacem Djermouni
Head, Training Unit
Capacity Building and Training Section
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel: +43 1 26030 6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products; and
- Provide practical experience analysing IMS data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support/Performance Reports;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage: Standard Software Packages;
- Necessary NDC’s Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyse IDC Products; and
- Practical sessions on Data and Products Access, use of Standard Software Packages, etc.
- NDC technical staff/ authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in waveform data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test ban verification;
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required.
Deadline for Application
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS not later than 10 December 2011
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications for this regional training course through established official channels (their respective Permanent Mission to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs)
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training program. The PTS will organize accommodation. The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
Open to the following Capacity Building beneficiary States Signatories under EU Joint Action IV: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bahamas, Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Panama, Paraguay, Suriname and Uruguay.
Please be advised that subject to space availability, other countries from the region could be considered for the regional course.
Medical Insurance: All participants will be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.