ADVANCED TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR RADIONUCLIDE STATION OPERATORS OF SAUNA NOBLE GAS SYSTEMS
15-19 October 2012
The working language of the workshop will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
IDC/CBT, CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide IMS station operators who already have experience operating SAUNA systems with the required in-depth knowledge and technical understanding of SAUNA noble gas monitoring systems in order to perform more complex operations and maintenance tasks.
- Six month Scheduled Maintenance Task - Practical exercises
- Annual Scheduled Maintenance - Practical exercises
- SAUNA Detector System:
Principles of beta-gamma measurement for radioxenon monitoring
Principles of the SAUNA spectrometry detection system
- SAUNA Detector Calibration:
Measurement sensitivity, calibration for energy, resolution and efficiency and data quality assurance;
Calibration of interference factors, determination of radioxenon ROIs, including practical exercise;
Timelines and periodic schedule for detector calibration to ensure data quality and QC parameters
- Radon Timing
- SAUNA SoH data analysis on expert level: detecting, understanding, and resolution of problems - examples and practical exercises, troubleshooting exercises using previous experience or past problems: Hardware; Software; Location dependent problems.
Technical staff of IMS radionuclide stations directly responsible for the operation and maintenance of SAUNA noble gas system, preferably with more than 18 months of experience.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, not later than 3 September 2012.
However, pending the official nomination, participants may fax the registration upon its approval by a Director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements to be made by the PTS.
Registration form WORD
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later than 3 September 2012.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
The training programme is open only for Stations Operators from invited countries.
Insurance: all participants shall be coveredunder the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
Accommodation: The PTS will organize accommodation for the participants. Participants will be expected to pay for their hotel out of their DSA, that they receive from a representative of the PTS upon their arrival at the training programme venue.