Advanced Technical Training Programme for Radionuclide Station Operators with SPALAX Noble Gas Systems
3-6 December 2012
The working language of the workshop will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
Capacity Building and Training Section
CTBTO Preparatory Commission-Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide IMS station operators who already have experience operating SPALAX systems with the required in-depth knowledge and technical understanding of SPALAX noble gas monitoring systems in order to perform more complex operations and maintenance tasks.
SPALAX process analysis and diagnosis at the expert level:
- SPALAX process data analysis on expert level: detecting, understanding, and resolution of problems - examples and practical exercises;
- Operator support for troubleshooting;
- TCD replacement and calibration
HP GE detector:
- HPGe detector system - installation and replacement of detector and MCA, hardware and software (Genie-2000) related issues;
- Calibration of the HPGe detector system. Preparation of calibration certificates;
- Detector Background measurement;
Thermal conductivity detector (TCD) and SPALAX electronics:
- TCD replacement and calibration: expert;
- Diagnosis and replacement of electronic cards;
- Replacement of compressor and/or compressor head;
- Maintenance Procedures level 3 on air compressor;
- Operation of safety valve;
- Non-return valve inspection;
- TIps seals replacement;
- Sroll bearings grasing;
- Greasing of the pairs of bearing;
- V-belt Replacement;
- Scroll air end (if item in spares).
- Installing and setting-up NDC-in-a-Box with SPALAX analysis capability;
- Checking of calibrations for the analysis;
- Nature of Xenon signature of interest, detection of isotopes, detection of capability, typicial concentration;
- Analysis of SPALAX HPGe-spectra. Different methods;
- Checking of and problem tracking: Calibration problems - loss of resolution, shifting of energy calibration; Radon in-break problems - indications; Data analysis problems; Input data problems; Indications of the sample preparation problems.
Invited Station Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are Station Operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following Stations:
RN13; RN29; RN33; RN45; RN50.
In an effort to ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person, please nominate technical staff of IMS radionuclide stations directly responsible for the operation and maintenance of SPALAX noble gas systems. preferably with more than 18 months of experience.
we would also wish to remind your office that in order to keep the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) record for your IMS facility up to date,to please either amend them via an official Station Operator nomination Note Verbal from your office, or request your current Station Operator to communicate to the PTS an updated list of their local support in a timely manner.
Nominations, together with the registration forms, should be submitted only through established official channels (the respective Permanent Mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 31 August 2012.
However, pending the official nomination, the participant may fax the registraton upon its approval by a Director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Registration Form Initiates file downloadWORD
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be the most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
- The training programme is open only for station operators from invited countries;
- Accommodation: Participants will be expected to pay for their hotel out of their DSA that they receive from a representative of the PTS upon their arrival at the training program venue;
- Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainess under third party liability insurance.