NDC CAPACITY BUILDING/NDC ANALYST TRAINING COURSE
17 September to 12 October 2012 and 5 to 30 November 2012
The working language of the workshop will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
IDC/CBT, CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To strengthen the capacity of the States Signatories' participation in the verificaton regime and to enhance their use of PTS data and proudcts for civil and scientific applications.
- Introduction and overview;
- Technical issues faced by NDCs after attending the 2-week NDC Capacity Building Training Course;
- Practical session on:
1. Access and Use of IMS Data and IDC Products
2. Installation and use of Standard Software Packages;
- Processing of IMS data and anlaysis of IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on how to incoroporate local seismo-acoustic station data into NDC-in-a-Box software package, etc.
- Technical staff/authorized users involved or to be involved int he sue of IMS data and IDC products;
- Should have participated in a previous 2-week capacity building training course "NDC Capacity Building Access and Analysis of IMS Waveform Data and IDC Products"
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating system and SQL would also be beneficial.
Applciatns are requested to use the registration form provided below. Applications will be reviewed and subsequently applicants will be notified.
Registration form WORD
The completed registration form must be received by the PTS no later than 10 August 2012.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
Open to State Signatories, in particular to those participating in the Capacity Building Programme;
Insurance: all participants shall be coveredunder the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
Accommodation: The PTS will cover the costs for the accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna.