Technical Training Programme for Infrasound Station Operators with MARTEC-TEKELEC Equipment
14-18 May 2012
The working language of the training programme will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Mr. Belkacem Djermouni
Head, Training Unit
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
International Data Centre Division
Capacity Building and Training Section
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel: +43 1 26030 6312
Fax: +43 1 26030 5973
The objective of the Technical Training Programme is to provide station operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding of the operations, maintenance and management of an IMS Station using infrasound monitoring technology and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training on Martec-Tekelec equipment and the Standard Station Interface (SSI).
- Overview of Martec equipment;
- Overview of the Standard Station Interface (SSI) data collection and transmission software;
- Demonstration covering all hardware functionality, input and output requirements, appropriate applications, installation techniques, initial set-up parameters and methods of sensor sensitivity check;
- Demonstration as well as hands-on training into Martec digitizer software functionality when paired with sensors, covering information management, configuration, data and state of health monitoring. The demonstrational focus on periodic maintenance activities and operational issues including remote troubleshooting, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes;
- Demonstration and hands-on opportunity to connect and pair sensors to digitizers which focuses on field installation issues, initial set-up parameters, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes, and fine tuning the installed system to achieve desired data quality results;
- Concept of operations and maintenance in the IMS Network;
- Operation and Maintenance Plans;
- Communication with the PTS. Reporting tools IRS and IRS client.
- Problem reporting, configuration change request, configuration change notification, outage request;
- Discussion on typical operation and maintenance situations.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are station operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following stations:
IS02, IS05, IS13, IS14, IS18, IS31, IS35, IS36, IS41, IS47and IS50.
In an effort to ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the approriate person, please nominate individuals that are directly related to your IMS facility.
We would also wish to remind you that in order to keep the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) records for your IMS facility up to date, please either amend them via an official station operator nomination note verbal from your office, or request your current station operator to communicate to the PTS an updated list of its local support staff in a timely manner.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the Provisional Technical Secretariat of the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO.
This should be done no later than 15 April 2012 and should be addressed to the above stated point of contact.
Registration Form pdf
Deadline for Application
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs;
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover your terminal expenses, meals and other miscellaneous expenses during the training;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward an electronic round trip economic flight ticket to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
Other Pertinent Information
- The PTS will cover the cost for the hotel accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna;
- Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.