TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR RADIONUCLIDE STATION OPERATORS WITH ORTEC EQUIPMENT
Oak Ridge, United States of America
15-19 October 2012
The working language of the workshop will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
IDC/CBT, CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide hands-on training and practical lessons to Station Operators on the operation, maintenance and repair of the ORTEC gamma detector system manufactured by AMETEK.
These courses shall cover the following topics:
- Normal and abnormal symptoms;
- Diagnosis of fault;
- Detector re-evacuation;
- Cooling system replacement;
- Performance tests;
- Detector calibration using standard software;
- Pre-amplifier replacement and adjustement;
- HV-filter replacement;
- Leakage current measurement.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are Station Operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following Stations:
RN01; RN11; RN18; RN19; RN33; RN37; RN38; RN40; RN42.
In an effort to ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person, States Signatories are encouraged to nominate individuals that are directly related to their IMS facility.
In order to keep the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) record for the IMS facilities up-to-date, any updates are requested to be ammended via an official Note Verbale nomination of Station Operator or an updated list of local support provided by the Station Operator in a timely manner.
Nominations, together with the registration forms, should be submitted only through established official channels (the respective Permanent Mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 15 August 2012.
However, pending the official nomination, the participant may fax the registraton upon its approval by a Director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Registration Form WORD
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules, and the Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be the most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
- The training will be conducted by AMETEK;
- The training programme is open only for Station Operators from invited countries;
- Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainess under third party liability insurance.