TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR STATION OPERATORS OF MANUAL RADIONUCLIDE STATIONS
Seibersdorf and Vienna, Austria
17-21 September 2012
(21 September at CTBTO Headquarters)
The working language of the workshop will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
IDC/CBT, CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding of the Operations, Maintenance and Management of a manual radionuclide station and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training for the various operational and maintenance procedures.
Daily station operation, including:
- Status checks, new filter preparation, taking flow samples and checking status;
- Filter management and filter logging procedures;
- Data sending, authentication and security Periodic Station Operations and data management, including: Detector calibration, the principles of Gamma spectrometry detection, taking background measurements, blank filter measurements; Data backup, management, and resending of specctral data; Operational set-up after long outage; Required reports and reporting; Stations equipment maintenance schedule; Data availability and downtime; Stations management and administrative procedures;
- One-day introduction to CTBTO Headquarters - IDC Operation, and IMS Maintenance and Support.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are Station Operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following Stations:
RN03; RN05; RN07; RN13; RN23; RN26; RN39; RN42; RN43; RN46; RN47; RN50; RN64.
In an effort to ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person, States Signatories are encouraged to nominate individuals that are directly related to their IMS facility.
In order to keep the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) record for the IMS facilities up-to-date, any updates are requested to be ammended via an official Note Verbale nomination of Station Operator or an updated list of local support provided by the Station Operator in a timely manner.
Nominations, together with the registration forms, should be submitted only through established official channels (the respective Permanent Mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 31 July 2012.
However, pending the official nomination, the participant may fax the registraton upon its approval by a Director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Registration Form Initiates file downloadWORD
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules, and the Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be the most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
- The training programme is open only for station operators from invited countries;
- Accommodation:The PTs will organize accommodation for the participants.
- Insurance: All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainess under third party liability insurance.