TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME
ON GURALP EQUIPMENT
10-14 September 2012
The working language of the workshop will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
IDC/CBT, CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding of the Operations, Maintenance and Management of an IMS Station using Waveform technology and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training on Guralp equipment.
- Overview of Guralp equipment;
- Demonstration covering all hardware functionality, input and output requirements, appropriate applications, installlation techniques, initial set-up parameters and methods of calibration;
- Demonstration, as well as hands-on training into Guralp digitizer software functionality when paired with sensors, covering information management, configuration, data and state of health monitoring. The demonstrational focus on periodic maintanance activities and operational issues including remote troubleshooting, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes;
- Demonstration and hands-on opportunity to connect and pair sensors to digitizers which focuses on field installation issues, initial set-up parameters, common error indicators, likely problem causes and potential fixes, and fine tuning the installed system to achieve desired data quality results;
- Overview of Operational Manuals (IMS and IDC)
- Concept of operations and maintenance in the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS);
- Technical assistance that can be provided to auxiliary stations;
- Communciation with the PTS. Reporting tools IRS and IRS client;
- Problem reporting, configuration change rquest, configuration change notification, outage request;
- Discsussion on typical operation and maintenance situations.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are Station Operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following Stations:
PS14; PS19; PS27; AS007; AS034; AS050; AS066; AS069; AS070; AS071; AS080; IS26.
In an effort to ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person, States Signatories are encouraged to nominate individuals that are directly related to their IMS facility.
In order to keep the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) record for the IMS facilities up-to-date, any updates are requested to be ammended via an official Note Verbale nomination of Station Operator or an updated list of local support provided by the Station Operator in a timely manner.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their respective Permanent Mission to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 31 July 2012.
However, pending the official nomination, the participant may fax the registraton upon its approval by a Director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Registration Form Initiates file downloadWORD
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules, and the Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover your terminal expenses, meals and other miscellaneous expenses during the training;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route.
Other Pertinent Information
The PTS will cover the cost for the hotel accommodation and trianing participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna.
Insurance: All participants shall be coveredunder the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainess under third party liability insurance.