BASIC TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR RADIONUCLIDE STATION OPERATORS WITH SPALAX EQUIPMENT
27-30 May 2013
The working language will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Chen Yu Liu-Kiebacher
Administrative Clerk IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6588; Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To enhance and develop Station Operator's knowledge and skills regarding the operational and maintenance aspects of the SPALAX Noble Gas Systems.
- Introduction and general concept of the SPALAX noble gas system, and its routine operation procedure;
- Introduction to SPALAX software and basic maintenance procedures;
- Non-routine operations, maintenance and troubleshooting;
- Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD): Basic operation and calibration procedures.
Technical staff of IMS radionuclide stations directly responsible for the operation and maintenance of SPALAX noble gas systems.
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS Point of Contact above, no later than 15 March 2013.
However, pending the official nomination, the participant may fax the registration form upon its approval by a Director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangement by the PTS.
Registration form WORD
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
- Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.
- Insurance: all PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.