NDC CAPACITY BUILDING/NDC ANALYST TRAINING COURSE
- 3 April to 3 May 2013
(Africa and LAC countries under EU JA IV)
- 6 to 31 May 2013
- 23 September to 18 October 2013
- 4 to 29 November 2013
The working language will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
Training Clerk IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6171
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To strengthen the capacity of the participation of States Signatories in the verficiation regime and to enhance their use of PTS data and products for civil and scientific applications.
- Introduction and overview;
- Technical issues faced by the NDCs after attending the
2-week NDC Capacity Building Training Course;
- Practical sessions on:
1. Access and Use of IMS Data and IDC Products,
2. Installation and use of Standard Software Packages
- Processing of IMS data and analysis of IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on how to incorporate local
seismo-acoustic station data into NDC-in-a-Box software package, etc.
- Technical staff/authorized users involved or to be involved in the use of IMS data and IDC products;
- Should have participated in a previous 2-week capacity building training course "NDC Capacity Building: Access and Analysis of IMS Waveform Data and IDC Products";
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating system and SQL would also be beneficial.
NDC technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training through the established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS Point of Contact above, no later than 8 March 2013.
Registration form WORD
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
- Open to State Signatories, in particular those participating in the Capacity Building Programme;
- Accommodation: the PTS will cover the costs for the accommodation. Training participants will receive their remaining DSA upon arrival in Vienna;
- Insurance: all participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.