REGIONAL SEISMIC TRAVEL TIME AND NDC CAPACITY BUILDING WORKSHOP IN THE ASIA-PACIFIC REGION
in combination with a
DATA SHARING AND INTEGRATION TRAINING
Vanuatu Meterology and Geohazards Department
Port Vila, Vanuatu
25 February - 1 March 2013
The working language of the workshop will be English
Point(s) Of Contact
Ms. Jennifer Phoa-Sun
Training Clerk IDC/CBT, CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6171; Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
- Strengthen the knowledge of the Comprehensive Nuclear Test-Ban-Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
- Further build-up the capacity of countries to participate in the implementation of the verification regime;
- Share data and to develop the Regional Seismic Travel Time MOdel in the Asia-Pacific Region.
To be provided at a later stage|
Open to States Signatories from the SEAPFE Region only.
Applicants should be involved in the use of IMS Data and Products, in particular NDC analyst, seismic observatory, and tsunami warning centre scientifc staff with seismological background and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applciations through established offical channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS Point of Contact above, no later than 31 January 2013.
Submitted applications will be reviewed and subsequently the successfl applicants will be notified.
However, pending the official nomination, the participant may fax the registration form upon its approval by a Director of the institution or forim, to allow tiemly travel and accommodation arrangement by the PTS.
Registration form Initiates file downloadWORD
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only:
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover the travel costs.
- The DSA will be sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Participants may, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to purchase their ticket locally, but only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS and has been authorized by the PTS in advance.
Other Pertinent Information
The training programme is available for a limited number of participants.
Insurance: all PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.